Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This is the reason I do this....

Sometimes I get these wonderful emails and calls thanking us for the images we captured and rather than post them all over the internet like it was some sort of prize we cherish them and keep them close to our own hearts. This time a call came in and it moved me in a way that you will understand. I am very lucky to have been given a second chance in life. I never understood why this gift was given to me until I started to shoot Weddings years back. To me photography is not a business, nor the sale of photos and albums or packages either. Some people think photography is about the cameras, but to me they are just tools. I am an Artist and I listen with my heart. I capture love. The love of your best friend who is about to become your Wife or Husband. The love of your Children. The tear in your eye and the smile of joy. Love comes in many ways and yet the essence of it is always feels the same. My life is filled with stories that people who trust me to capture their stories and my gift is to listen and feel. This is my business, my life, my joy. I would like to share with you a call from a beautiful family we had the opportunity to spend time with.
Gary Kaplan



To watch the this video full screen: Click here

No comments: